Tuesday, March 28, 2017

K-pop Female Groups: My 2016 Top 30 Songs ~ No. 20 - No. 11

Here is Part 2 for my 2016 top 30 songs chart from K-pop female groups. This post will feature songs at number 20 to 11. If you missed Part 1, you can check it out here.

Let's continue with the list! I hope you enjoy my selection of songs.


~ No. 20 ~

Song: Playing With Fire
Group: Blackpink

Top from left: Jennie and Jisoo
Bottom from left: Lisa and Rose

I've mentioned before that Blackpink made quite a wave in 2016 with their releases, and Playing With Fire was no exception. It's a cool song and the short piano (I think) intro for the song is pretty nice.

Watch Playing With Fire MV here.


~ No. 19 ~

Song: Windy Day
Group: Oh My Girl

From left: Arin, Binnie, Hyojung, Jiho, JinE, Mimi, Seunghee and YooA

This is quite a unique song. It has somewhat of a Middle-Eastern influence in the end part of the chorus which makes it quite refreshing. The concept for the music video is quite nice too.

Watch Windy Day MV here.


~ No. 18 ~

Song: High Heels
Group: Brave Girls

Top from left: Eunji, Hayun, Hyeran and Minyoung
Bottom from left: Yoojin, Yujeong and Yuna

Wow, I can't stop listening to High Heels, such an upbeat and catchy song! I think I've been playing the song for months after it was first released. The song is very addictive.

Watch High Heels MV here.


~ No. 17 ~

Song: Rough
Group: Gfriend

Top from left: Eunha, SinB and Sowon
Bottom from left: Umji, Yerin and Yuju

Rough is a very well-made song, I love it! Gfriend's songs tend to sound similar with one another, and it's the same case for this song, but the strategy works for the group so I'm not complaining.

Watch Rough MV here.


~ No. 16 ~

Song: Stay
Group: Blackpink

From left: Jennie, Jisoo, Lisa and Rose

Another song from Blackpink that showcases their vocal prowess. This is actually the first time I've included four different songs from the same group in my yearly chart. They had released incredible songs so I can't help myself. Let's see if they will continue the momentum in 2017.

Watch Stay MV here.


~ No. 15 ~

Song: Mirror
Group: Fiestar

Clockwise from top left: Cao Lu, Hyemi, Jei and Linzy
Center: Yezi

I love Mirror, it's a sad song with depressing lyrics but it's also sound kind of sexy and seductive. The concept for the music video definitely suited the song.

Watch Mirror MV here.


~ No. 14 ~

Song: Doo Doom Chit
Group: Crayon Pop

Far left: Choa
Center from top: Ellin, Geummi and Soyul
Far right: Way

Crayon Pop is a group that has a special place in my heart. They always released songs with unique concept and Doo Doom Chit is no exception. It's catchy, fun but also a bit more matured than what they had previously released before.

Watch Doo Doom Chit MV here.


~ No. 13 ~

Song: Someone Like U
Group: Dal Shabet

From left: Ah Young, Serri, Subin and Woohee

While I do love some of Dal Shabet's songs before, I must admit that I'm really starting to dig their songs when they are down to 4 members (2 of their members left) and Someone Like U was their first song as a 4-member group. It's an addictive pop song and the rap part by Serri was amazing!

Watch Someone Like U MV here.


~ No. 12 ~

Song: I Like That
Group: Sistar

From top: Bora, Dasom, Hyorin and Soyou

I much prefer I Like That than their previously released songs Touch My Body and Shake It but it seems that those two latter songs were much more popular than I Like That, which makes me sad quite frankly. Are their popularity declining? Personally I think I Like That is a stronger and more sophisticated song compared to those two songs.

Watch I Like That MV here.


~ No. 11 ~

Song: Shooting Love
Group: Laboum

From left: Haein, Solbin, Soyeon, Yujeong, Yulhee and ZN

I honestly believe that Shooting Love is a well-constructed pop song so it's kind of sad to think that the song as well as the group are not as popular as I hope they would be. If you haven't listen to this song yet, you might want to check it out. It's really good.

Watch Shooting Love MV here.


So that's all for Part 2 of the chart. How do you like the songs so far? Music is universal so even though you're not a K-pop fan, I believe you can still at least enjoy some of them, which I think are quite catchy and entertaining for anyone to listen to.

We're almost at the top of the list. See you in Part 3 which is coming soon!

No comments: