Monday, August 8, 2016

E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2016 ~ 10 exciting new games (Part 1)

With everyone still delighted over the reveals at the San Diego Comic-Con, and also with the excitement of Suicide Squad releasing in theaters/cinemas, the conversation in the entertainment world had certainly shifted in these past few weeks but I want to bring us back to the E3 2016 that was held last June and the exciting video games that were featured there. I know this is a bit late but it's been awhile since I last wrote about video games, so I thought this is a good opportunity to do so.

There were so many awesome games featured in this year Electronic Entertainment Expo, and I would list 10 of them that I'm most interested in. Of course I wouldn't know every video game that were featured during that event but at least these are the 10 games from the long list of games that I am aware of. I would split the list into 2 posts so here is the first 5 games that I'm most excited about.


1) God of War (PS4)


I always thought the developer will continue this franchise but little did I know that they would switch the mythology as well (previous games were based on Greek mythology while this new game will revolved around Norse mythology). While Kratos still returned as the main character, this seems like a totally different Kratos than the one we knew from the previous games. The gameplay trailer introduced us to Kratos who is now a dad! And he teaches his son how to hunt and fight. I wonder what the story will be about this time, but however the story goes I really hope we would get to see more interaction between him and his son.

Watch God of War gameplay trailer here.


2) Here They Lie (PS4, PSVR)


I always love a good horror game and Here They Lie seems like a really unique game with its weird style and design. I'm not sure what the story will be about or even who we would be playing as, but so far from what I've seen, the game looks pretty interesting and mysterious, which is always a good thing considering this is a psychological horror game. I like games that play with your mind...well, at least those that are not too messed up.

Watch Here They Lie teaser trailer here.
Watch Here They Lie gameplay demo here.

3) Death Stranding (PS4)


Nothing much had been shown for this game, but from what little they had showed it simply is too amazing not to put it in my list. After the fallout from collaborating in Silent Hills, Hideo Kojima and Norman Reedus will instead team up for this new game that will be developed by the former company, Kojima Productions. I thought it would be a horror game but I think they announced that it will be sort of an action game. We will know more once the gameplay footage of the game is release and I hope it will be interesting as it is already hyped to be.

Watch Death Stranding trailer here.


4) Days Gone (PS4)


There are a lot of games around zombies and each one of them have to present something different in order to stand out, or at least separate themselves, from the rest. Days Gone is another game around zombies but luckily it did have something that makes it somewhat different than the rest which is its swarm of zombies. Watching the gameplay demo video reminded me of the movie World War Z because the zombies behaviour look eerily similar to the zombies from that movie. The gameplay looks intense and got me at the edge of my seat. Zombie games are generally popular and fun to play so hopefully Days Gone will be the same as well.

Watch Days Gone announcement trailer here.
Watch Days Gone gameplay demo here.


5) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U, NX)


Even though I was introduced to gaming when I was young, I have never played a The Legend of Zelda game before which I'm pretty sure gamers around the world would say that I had missed out on such a great game franchise. I would definitely agree as well because the franchise itself had become such a legend in the video game industry and one of the beloved franchise with a strong fanbase throughout the world. This next installment is highly anticipated by the fans and from the gameplay that were shown, I can understand why because it looks simply amazing! It slated to be released in 2017 so fans have to be patient for a little while longer but I'm pretty confident it'll be worth the wait.

Watch The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild here.
Watch The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild gameplay introduction demo here.


So those are the first 5 games on my list. I hope you'll find these games interesting as well. I will post another 5 games in my list soon so stay tune. ;-)


Images from Wikipedia and YouTube snapshots.

No comments: